Mehandipur Balaji Mandir is a noted Hindu temple in dausa district of Rajasthan, dedicated to the Hindu God Hanuman. The name Balaji is applied to Shri Hanuman in several parts of India because the childhood (Bala in Hindi or Sanskrit) form of the Lord is especially celebrated there. The temple is dedicated to Balaji (another name for Shree Hanuman Ji). Its reputation for ritualistic healing and exorcism of evil spirits attracts many pilgrims from Rajasthan and elsewhere. The old village Mehandipur is located nearby the small hill.
The temple of Balaji built in mehandipur is very famous especially in northern part of india.The first mahant of the temple was shri ganeshpuriji maharaj and the present mahant of the temple shri Kishorpuriji is very strict to follow vegetarian and reading holy books. The temple of shree siyaram bhagvan in front of balaji mandir is very beautiful and the idol of siyaram bhagvan is very beautiful .The person who is suffering from evil spirits (sankatwalas) get relief from distress by the methods like arji,sawamani, darkhast,bhog of bundi ke laddu offering to balaji maharaj, rice and urad pulse to bhairav baba (kotval kaptan,head of army and pretraj sarkar king of evil spirits).Saturday and Tuesday are the busiest day in temple because these both are the days of hanumanji.Some other temples near to the balaji temple are anjani mata temple, Kali mata at teen pahad,panchmukhi hanumanji,ganeshji temple at saat pahad,samadhi wale baba(first mahant),are some important temples in the mehandipur balaji.The prasad from mandir is distributed in nearby schools, colleges, and Hostels and many other public places free of cost
Sri Mehandipur Balaji Temple is situated in Dausa,Rajasthan.Basically Shri Mehendipur Balaji Temple is Lord Hanuman Ji's Temple.Long ago the image of Lord Balaji and that of Pret Raja (the King of spirits) appeared from the Arawali hills. Now people suffering from malignant spirits and black magic or spell get their relief when they make an appeal for relief to Shri Bhairav ji and Shri Pret Raj Sarkar who holds his court and awards punishment to the malignant spirits, ghosts, goblins, ghouls, evil eyed witches etc.Shrine of Balaji, Court of Pret Raja, Pooja griha, Bhairav ji temple and Ram Darbar are some of the spots worth seeing here.
Religious ritualistic performances, charity, feeding the poor, homeless and incapacitated people, water supply for all and fodder for cows and stray animals are the activities of this temple.
Balaji temple at Mehandipur in Rajasthan is very Powerful place. It is believed that the deity in this temple has divine power to cure a person possessed with evil spirit.Hundreds of 'Sankatwalas', as the possessed people are refereed to in local lingo, throng to the temple everyday to offer prayers and have 'darshan'. The temple has also become a home and the last respite for the victims.The 'Mahant' of the temple, Shri Kishor Puri Ji, prescribes the treatment. It can include reading holy texts, following a strict vegetarian and simple diet, and even afflicts physical pain to one's body.
One can witness people going through various physical therapies like keeping heavy stones on their body , on arms, legs and chest , to ease their pain. There are others who inhale the smoke that fumes out of the sweet Patasa's kept on smoldering cowpats. The ones with serious case of spirit possession, who tends to get violent, are even shackled in chains within the temple premises.
This may appear a bit anachronistic at the first glance, but thousands of people are believed to have been cured in this way. Festival time (Holi, Hanuman Jayanti and Dusshera etc) are regarded as the most auspicious time to emancipate from the evil spirit Medical science may discard such approach to the ailment as self-deceptions based on blind faith, but for the believers, the power of Balaji is something supernatural, something beyond metaphysics.
Dausa has few good hotels of quality services like the Hotel Madhuban.There are many budget hotels too. There is a Dharamshala around the temple too that provides accommodation at very nominal charges.
Things to Remember
- The disciples and Sankawalasare advised to contact Enquiry office for information required.
- During the festive season & Mela please maintain discipline,wait patiently and coordinate with trust authorities.
- Please Treat Sankatwalas humbly.
- Bath, bear fresh clothes, be in queue & chant Jai shri Balaji-2 while for Darshan.
- Leave the children at home/dharmshala/hotel as they may urinate etc in temple area and make place untidy. Lying/playing is not allowed in temple premises.
- The people are not allowed to enter in girbh grigh area of temple.
- Offerings/prasadam should be handed over to pujariji. For offerings 'sawamani', 'Bhandara', 'Bhramin Bhojan', 'Hawan', 'chola to Deity' , etc please contact Trust office in temple premises.
- Disciples are intimated that entry in inhabited state or after smoking is totally banned.
- Ladies, insane and evil spirited person must be accompanied by a attendant.
- Spiritual water after arti of Lord shri Balaji shall be obtained with discipline and calm.
- Taking photograph of deities and Sankatwalas is prohibited.
- Insane and evil spirited person are cured by blessings of lord shri balaji.The attendant must take the help of representative of trust for cure/relief of sankat. The disciples are advised not to contact Sadhus,Sanyasies and fakirs etc for this purpose.
- No trusty/self worker is supposed to take any favour from the devotees.
- If any person faces harassment from any employee or self worker of trust. Please lodge a complaint in office of sri balaji trust.
Beware of Pickpockets around the temple.As far as possible carry minimum cash and jewellery .Keep your precious belongings like Mobile phones, Gold jewellery at hotel room itself while going for Darshanas