Dussehra known as Vijayadashami, is a popular festival celebrated in across India. The name Dussehra is derived from Sanskrit word Dasha-hara which means Dashanan ravan.People all over India celebrate Vijayadashami on this day. we provide you Vijayadashami Puja Time, Pooja Vidhi . This festival is famous all over the world and the most beautiful thing about this festival is its celebration.All the temples beautifully decorated with flowers and so many decorative items. The day brings in lots of colors and music to our life.
Importance & Significance of Dussehra Puja
The festival commemorates the victory of good over evil as it is the day when Lord Rama killed the ten-headed demon king Ravana, who had abducted Rama's beloved wife. Sita and held Her captive in Lanka, hoping to win Her love. But the devoted wife Sita braved all ordeals resiliently and waited to be united with Rama. An epic war was fought between Rama and Ravana to rescue Sita. The war lasted for ten days, which culminated on Dashmi (the tenth lunar day of the Hindu calendar month) when Rama valiantly destroyed the ten-headed Ravana and took Sita home. The glorious victory of good over evil and the homecoming of Rama, Lakshman, Sita and Hanuman were celebrated with great happiness, which continues to be followed by Hindus to date in the form of Dussehra.
First and foremost, Dussehra is the celebration of the good and defeat of the evil. It is celebrated in a beautiful manner with gaiety and colors. Garba, the traditional dance form of Gujarat. is observed by thousands who gather on all the nine nights to dance and pay obeisance to Ambe Mata (Durga Devi) by dancing to upbeat traditional Gujarati songs and tunes in a circle.
Dussehra is considered an auspicious day to begin new ventures like business or any kind of work. Different states across India observe rituals distinct from each other. Dussehra is truly a beautiful, enriching occasion of celebration, happiness and worship of good.
Benefits of Performing a Dussehra Puja
- Wards off terminal illnesses. Keeps diseases at bay to help lead a long and healthy life
- Bestows professional success and happiness in general
- Brings harmony in marriages to help lead a happy married life
- Provides courage to bear and overcome the difficulties in life
- Improves overall concentration and health
- Protects from negative planetary influences that hinder your life
- Helps in attaining spiritual transcendence and salvation
- Helps in defect negative energies and enemies
Occasions to Perform Shiv Puja
As such, Shiv Puja can be performed everyday, which is also practiced by staunch devotees. Mondays are dedicated to Lord Shiva, hence most followers make it a point to visit Shiva temple on this day to offer puja and seek blessings. People who celebrate special occasions like Maha Shivratri or the Solaah Somvaar falling in the month of Shravan, follow it rigorously by observing Vrat and performing an elaborate Puja.
Dussehra Puja Vidhi (Procedure)
- Draw the Dussehra image with wheat flour/chuna, put 9 tikki with cow dung.
- Make 2 katories of cow dung with a lid. In one katori, keep coins and in the other keep a little roli, chawal, fruit and jhuwara.
- Do puja with water, mooli, roli, chawal, flowers and jhuwara.
- Offer banana, mooli, gwarphalli, jaggery, 1-1/4 kg chawal.
- Light the dhoop and deepak, do the parikrama.
- Puia is done of the old bahikhata by offering flowers, jhuwara, roli and chawal.
- On this day only new bahikhata for Diwali puja are ordered.
- After the puja, money from the cow dung box is taken out and placed in the safe.
- Food and dakshina are offered to the Brahmins
Dussehra Puja Shubh Muhurat
Here we have the auspicious timing of Durga Puja and Ghatasthapana Muhurat. Dussehra or Vijayadashami Muhurat.The preparations for the celebrations of the holy festival began many days prior to the occasion. The puja and other rituals are performed by the people according to the Dussehra 2016 Puja Shubh Muhurat for the sake of the holy Hindu traditions.
- Navratri Navami Tithi Begins at = 22:30 on 9th Oct, 2016
- Navami Tithi Ends at = 22:53 on 10th Oct, 2016
- Vijay Muhurat = 14:21 to 15:08 (0 Hours 46 Mins)
- Aparahna Puja Time = 13:35 to 15:55 (2 Hours 19 Mins)
- Dashami Tithi Begins at = 22:53 on 10th Oct, 2016
- Dashami Tithi Ends at = 22:28 on 11th Oct, 2016